March cruelty free favourites!

Wednesday 13 April 2016



It has been a LONG time since I've done a favourites post, mostly because Ive been so busy with uni and work! So this months favourites is extra big for you guys as it has been piling up for months! So here we go...

This smells like a dream!! One of the things I ALWAYS have to carry in my bag is hand sanitiser. This one is literally the most amazing one I've tried (scent wise). One of the things I don't like about normal hand sanitiser is the smell it leaves on your hands- I tend to bite my nails too so when I do I can just taste gross hand sanitiser! I didn't actually know they even made scented hand sanitisers until I saw the body shop ones! They also sell a satsuma one, pink grapefruit one, mango, absinthe and strawberry (I kinda wanna try the pink grapefruit one aswell). This is the perfect little size to just pop in your handbag to give your hands a refresh whenever needed!

Ingredients: 
Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Betaine (Hair Conditioning Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aminomethyl Propanol (pH Adjuster), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Cocos Nucifera Fruit Extract/Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive).

After purchasing this lipstick around a year ago I went completely off the colour and just threw it to the bottom of my makeup draw. But recently on holiday I re-discovered it and I am really loving pairing it with a natural look! I don't normally like pinkish lipsticks but this has been my holiday favourite! Kiko are one of my favourite cruelty free brands for lipsticks as I just think their makeup overall is so good yet so affordable, I literally recommend it to everyone! Also these lipsticks are one of the only not-matte lipsticks that I like the consistency of. They're not too creamy, they're literally perfect. 

Ingredients:
POLYBUTENE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, POLYETHYLENE, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/ CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE), MICA, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL, ETHYL VANILLIN, CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL, LITCHI CHINENSIS FRUIT EXTRACT, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-t-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, TIN OXIDE. +/- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE/DIOXYDE DE TITANE), CI 77491 - CI 77492 - CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7, RED 7 LAKE), CI 45380 (RED 22 LAKE), CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE), CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), CI 15985 (YELLOW 6 LAKE), CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE).




This came in my March Love Lula beauty box and I honestly didn't know what to think. I opened it up and looked inside and I cant say its the most pleasant colour or consistency haha. I then looked at the ingredients, which only said ‘balneological peat’ so I'm literally thinking what is in this? I actually really love this trying it out, It made my skin felt dramatically different. A full blog post on this is going live in a few days! 

Ingredients:
Balneological peat* (*From Wild Nature)

Eyelure brow control and shape gel, 4ml. CRUELTY FREE
They don't actually sell this anymore, It must've been discontinued for some reason. But i've been after a transparent eyebrow gel for a looooong time. I picked this up in the reductions in super drug not actually knowing it was transparent, I was just in desperate need of one and now its my favourite! The bristles are just the right size to brush my eyebrow hair through with and remove any excess or unwanted product after I've drawn them on!

Ingredients:
Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax) , Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polybutene, Triacontanyl PVP, Cetyl Palmitate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Behenyl/Stearyl Aminopropanediol Esters, Tocopheryl Acetate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil.

One word for this foundation: Insane. A full blog post of the amazing duo of this foundation and the concealer will be up In a few weeks after I've tested it with different products underneath and on top of! 

There is a full blog post I've written here on this awesome product.
This is the newest mascara Kiko have brought out which is in their new 'wanderlust' collection. I really like the coral- gold tinged packaging the whole collection has. "The formula’s ingredients instantly create a thick sheath that envelops, adds volume and helps to protect the lashes from base to tip. The thick, creamy texture doesn't clump, applies easily and is adjustable." I also picked up other things from the collection whilst I was shopping so will be doing a full review at a later date!

Ingredients: 
AQUA (WATER/EAU), POLYURETHANE-34, GLYCERYL STEARATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA), SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, STEARIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, PEG-15 GLYCERYL STEARATE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TROPOLONE, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).


For some reason they don't sell this colour anymore but they sell various other ones (I've put in the link above). I am literally in love with velvet lipgloss'. My post about the MUA nude colour one I purchased shows how much I love them. They just stay on all day, they feel amazing to apply and are so easy to apply. There's no need for lip liner and the matte effect is just perfect - not too much but just enough.

Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER/EAU), POLYURETHANE-34, GLYCERYL STEARATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA), SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, STEARIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, PEG-15 GLYCERYL STEARATE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TROPOLONE, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).




Beauty Protector and Protect & Detangle, 236ml - £18.50. CRUELTY FREE VEGAN
I received a mini sample of this when I used to subscribe to Birchbox and from then on I've used some sort of detangling spray on my hair every time I've washed it.  You can definitely tell this product makes a difference when you use it as it also counteracts as a leave in conditioner so makes your hair feel super soft. It's also paraben and sulphate free so is good for your hair!

Ingredients:
Water/Aqua/Eau, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance/Parfum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Trideceth 12, Sodium Benzoate, Methylisothiazolinone, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Courmarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene.

This concealer pairs perfectly with the velvet matte skin tint. I will be doing a full review of both of these soon! 

Hurrah Moon balm - $4.29. CRUELTY FREE VEGAN ORGANIC
This is another little gem which came in one of my Love Lula beauty box's. It's supposed to be for nighttime use, as it smells of chamomile which is supposed to send you back to sleep but I like to use it whenever basically. For some reason I just love the shape of it and how it feels like a pencil in your hand, It is also super creamy so when your lips are feeling dry it will sort them right out. 

Ingredients:
Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, ‡Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, *Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, *Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, 

*Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, *Argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, *Rosa rubiginosa (rosehip) seed oil, *Limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, Tocopherols (sunflower), *Vanilla planifolia (vanilla) bean, *Myroxylon pereirae (peru balsam) oil, Matricaria recutita (blue chamomile) flower extract 

*organic & cold pressed ‡wildcrafted 


I love this little hand creme! I actually got it as a gift in a magazine and I really really love it. I hate hate hate having dry hands so having this in my bag is v handy. It is also a range from Neals Yard which is called 'Save the Bee's'. It's all about helping to raise money for our bee-friends Buglife, Landlife and Pesticide Action Network UK who are working to help save our precious bees!

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil*, Bertholletia excelsa (Brazil nut) seed oil*, Cetyl alcohol, Cetearyl glucoside, Cetearyl olivate, Mel (Honey)*, Citrus sinensis (Orange) peel oil expressed*, Alcohol denat.*, Propolis extract*, Sorbitan olivate, Sodium hyaluronate, Camellia sinensis (White tea) leaf extract, Tocopherol, Xanthan gum, Potassium sorbate, Levulinic acid, Glycerin, Sodium levulinate, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.
*Organic ingredients. Natural constituent from essential oils listed.

I've had my eyes on this for quite a while now but whenever I've had the chance to go into a Kiko store they've always been sold out- and now I know why! this is a god send for people who wear lipstick every single day. It saves you buying all different lip liner colours, you basically just need this one! Also it's so handy for people like me who haven't got a very steady hand when it comes to applying lipstick because you can just go around your lips with this and it doesn't matter how neat you are because its transparent!

Ingredients:
SILICA, ISODODECANE, SYNTHETIC WAX, HYDROGENATED, POLYDICYCLOPENTADIENE, POLYBUTENE, NYLON-12, PERFLUORONONYL DIMETHICONE, POLYGLYCERYL-4, DIISOSTEARATE/POLYHYDROXYSTEARATE/SEBACATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL, TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA).

This green concealer can be used to mainly tone down redness. I use this when I have a blemish which is looking sore or really red and I just pop a bit on it and it covers it up completely!

Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER / EAU), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TALC, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL PEG / PPG-10 / 1 DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, GLYCERYL ETHYLHEXANOATE / STEARATE / ADIPATE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SALICYLIC ACID, METHICONE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE). +/- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491 - CI 77492 - CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS), CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN), CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET).

This product reminds me a lot of the L'Oreal tattoo pots I used to use before going cruelty free. I really like this and I find it extremely easy to blend as It's so lightweight and the consistency is so bouncy. This colour is a chocolate brown colour which I love to use on my lid on a day when Im feeling a little lazy! 

Ingredients:
DIMETHICONE, MICA, ISODODECANE, SILICA, C30-45 ALKYL DIMETHICONE, DEXTRIN PALMITATE, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ZINC STEARATE, TALC, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, ETHYLENE/METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, TIN OXIDE, POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE. +/- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).


Thanks for reading through this ridiculously long favourites haha! Hope you enjoyed it!

Annie X

Join the conversation!

© Annie Collyer. Design by FCD.